It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Having a toddler this Christmas has made me think about all the wonderful Christmas traditions I’d like to start with our little family. Jeff and I have a few traditions we have kept up since we have been married, but as Jack gets older and is able to start understanding more about Christmas, I’d like to start some fun traditions that he will always be able to look back on.
One of our favorite things to do each year is go to the Sorghum Mill Christmas Tree Farm and cut down our own tree. We started doing this the year after we got married, and it’s one of my favorite things we do before Christmas. Last year was Jack’s first year to pick out a tree, and this year he had fun walking around the farm and exploring.
I can’t believe my little buddy is so much bigger this year! He’s grown so much in a year.
Here’s a to do list of some great things to do in the OKC area this Christmas!
1. Go on a Christmas train ride
2. Check out the Pop up Shops and the Winter Shoppes
3. Visit Santa
- Metro Family Magazine has a great list of places to find Santa this year
4. See a Christmas Show
- “Junie B. in Jingle Bells Batman Smells” at OKC Children’s Theatre
- “A Christmas Carol” at Lyric Theatre
- “A Territorial Christmas Carol” at The Pollard Theatre
- “The Nutcracker” OKC Ballet
- “Home for the Holidays” at OCU
5. Look at Christmas Lights
- Check out Travel OK for the best Christmas light displays in Oklahoma
6. Visit the North Pole
7. Pick out your Christmas Tree at a local tree farm
8. Go Ice Skating outside
- Devon Ice Rink
- Edmond Outdoor Ice Rink